NFPA 1006 Technical Rescuer-Vehicle Rescue Level I
The NFPA 1006 Technical Rescuer-Vehicle Rescue Level I course is a specialised training program designed to provide participants with the foundational knowledge and skills to respond to vehicle rescue incidents. Aligned with the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards, this course focuses on the fundamental principles of vehicle extrication, including scene safety, vehicle stabilisation, and basic rescue tools. Participants will combine theoretical instruction, hands-on practical exercises, and simulations to develop the competencies required for NFPA 1006 Technical Rescuer-Vehicle Rescue Level I certification.
The NFPA 1006 Technical Rescuer-Vehicle Rescue Level I course is designed for firefighters, emergency responders, and individuals seeking training in vehicle rescue operations. It is suitable for personnel involved in fire and rescue services and those who may respond to motor vehicle accidents.
- Demonstrate an understanding of vehicle dynamics and apply safety considerations for vehicle rescue incidents.
- Understand how vehicle design influences extrication techniques.
- Perform patient assessments, disentangle patients from vehicles, and use tools to create necessary access points.
- Integrate vehicle rescue operations within the incident command structure and coordinate activities with other responders.
- Demonstrate the ability to use basic extrication techniques in a controlled environment.
NFPA course duration may vary depending on the participant’s qualifications.