NFPA 1006 Technical Rescuer
The NFPA 1006 Technical Rescuer course is an advanced training program designed to equip participants with the specialised knowledge and skills required to perform technical rescues in complex emergencies. Aligned with the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards, this course provides a comprehensive understanding of various technical rescue disciplines, including confined space, high-angle, trench, structural collapse, vehicle extrication, water rescue, and search and rescue operations. Participants will combine theoretical instruction, hands-on practical exercises, and simulations to develop the competencies necessary for NFPA 1006 Technical Rescuer certification.
The NFPA 1006 Technical Rescuer course is tailored for firefighters, emergency responders, and individuals seeking specialised training in technical rescue operations. It is especially relevant for personnel involved in specialised rescue teams, including urban search and rescue (USAR) teams, confined space teams, high-angle rescue teams, and other technical rescue units.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of pumper apparatus, including its components, systems, and operational features.
- Operate pumpers proficiently, including mastery of pump control calculations and ensuring effective water delivery.
- Apply safe driving practices, manoeuvring, and considerations unique to pumper apparatus.
- Maintain accurate records of inspections and maintenance activities for pumpers.
- Contribute to creating a safe and efficient operational environment for pumpers.
NFPA course duration may vary depending on the participant’s qualifications.