NFPA 1002 Driver/Operator Pumper
The NFPA 1002 Driver/Operator Pumper course is a specialized training program designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to operate and maintain pumper apparatus safely and effectively. Aligned with the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards, this course focuses on the unique responsibilities of drivers/operators assigned to pumper vehicles, which are critical in supplying water, managing pump operations, and supporting fireground activities. Participants will combine classroom instruction, hands-on practical exercises, and simulations to develop the competencies required for NFPA 1002 Driver/Operator Pumper certification.
The course is designed for current firefighters, emergency responders, and individuals aspiring to become certified Driver/Operator Pumpers within the fire service. It is suitable for those responsible for driving and operating pumper apparatus, managing pump operations, and supporting fireground activities.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of pumper apparatus, including its components, systems, and operational features.
- Operate pumpers proficiently, including mastery of pump control calculations and ensuring effective water delivery.
- Apply safe driving practices, manoeuvring, and considerations unique to pumper apparatus.
- Maintain accurate records of inspections and maintenance activities for pumpers.
- Contribute to creating a safe and efficient operational environment for pumpers.
NFPA course duration may vary depending on the participant’s qualifications.