NFPA 1033 Fire Investigator
The NFPA 1033 Fire Investigator course is an advanced training programme developed for individuals interested in becoming professional fire investigators. This course provides participants with the knowledge and abilities needed to perform comprehensive fire investigations, including pinpointing the origin and cause of fires. It focuses on scientific and methodical techniques to fire investigation, evidence collecting, recording, and reporting.
The NFPA 1033 Fire Investigator course is designed for individuals aspiring to become certified fire investigators, arson investigators, or those seeking advanced knowledge in determining the origin and cause of fires. It is suitable for firefighters, law enforcement personnel, insurance professionals, and individuals involved in fire investigation and prevention.
- Participants will gain a thorough understanding of the ideas and procedures involved in fire investigation, including the scientific process and the legal responsibility of fire investigators.
- Trainees will gain in-depth knowledge of fire dynamics, combustion processes, and behaviour. This expertise enables them to recognise fire patterns and indications, which are crucial in determining the origin and causation of fires.
- Participants will grasp fire investigators’ legal and ethical responsibilities, such as maintaining the chain of custody and using suitable evidence-handling practices.
- Participants will learn how to manage fire scenes properly, protecting the safety of all involved and preserving crucial evidence. At fire scenes, this includes establishing and maintaining incident command.
- Participants will learn to collect, preserve, and document physical and testimonial evidence. They will learn how to properly package, label, and preserve evidence to keep it intact.
NFPA course duration may vary depending on the participant’s qualifications.