NFPA 1072 Hazardous Material Operations
The Hazardous Material Operations training programme provides intermediate-level training, expanding upon the fundamental understanding acquired in Hazardous Material Awareness. This course has been specifically developed to benefit individuals responsible for addressing hazardous materials accidents. It may directly involve mitigation, containment, and defensive actions. The participants will get an enhanced comprehension of hazardous substances, reaction techniques, and the utilisation of specialised equipment. The primary objective of this training is to provide participants with the necessary knowledge and competencies to efficiently and safely handle hazardous materials occurrences at the operational level.
- The skills acquisition in evaluating the potential dangers linked to accidents involving hazardous chemicals and formulating appropriate response tactics based on these evaluations will be cultivated among trainees.
- Participants will acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively carry out decontamination procedures for responders, equipment, and individuals who have been exposed to hazardous material. This matter will be achieved through the utilisation of specialised equipment and techniques.
- The participants will develop knowledge and skills for implementing operational-level response methods, including containment, damming, diking, and various defensive operations. Furthermore, participants gain proficiency in effectively addressing diverse hazardous materials situations.
- The comprehension of the Incident Command System (ICS) and its use in hazardous materials situations will be attained by participants. They can synchronise and disseminate information inside the ICS framework efficiently.
- Enable students to engage in real-life scenarios actively through practical exercises and simulations as pedagogical tools. It will reinforce their aptitude in properly responding to accidents involving hazardous chemicals.